Saturday, May 3, 2014


Today was a beautiful, busy Saturday. Two bus loads of Temple visitors came bright and early. They were excited to be at the temple.
 
 
 
 
April 29, 2014 - Tuesday
We have the late shift this week, so the morning is ours to do with whatever. Today we just relaxed until about 10:30 then went for a walk. We walked into the woods on the other side of the field from where we live. We saw several Holly trees. They are beautiful. I can't wait to see them this winter when I hope they will have the holly berries. I didn't know it takes them 6 years to bear holly berries. The bluebells were like a carpet under the trees. It was so beautiful. The Anderson's rode the Bluebell Express train and were disappointed, they hardly saw any bluebells and wished they had come with us instead. So we will see if we do that excursion or not. We picked up my letter from the Lingfield Surgery so I can now make my appointment with a Rheumatologist. I'm not looking forward to that. I have enjoyed not having to go to Dr's for awhile.
When we got to the Centre it was quiet. The afternoon went by quite quickly. It seems like whenever I get my scriptures out to do some marking people come into the Centre. Sister Jacob and Sister Phermsin had a teaching appointment and needed me to sit in on it. John, the investigator we were with yesterday was the appointment. He is the young man, who is the coach for the Bridgestock's grandsons football (soccer) team. He has been watching these young men and has had respect for this family for years. He was impressed that they wouldn't play games on Sunday and other things, like how they conducted themselves in games etc. Well he asked if he could come to Church and learn more about it. So the Missionaries have been teaching them for the past 6 weeks. We met him when we first got here. He is a very nice young man and we have seen how much he has changed. Today he wanted to hear the Plan of Salvation lesson again, he still had some questions about the Three degrees of glory. The Sisters are amazing, they really know how to explain things simply but with conviction so he understood. They just found out that even though he hasn't had the Word of Wisdom lesson or about tithing, chastity etc. He is already changing and is living it. He quit drinking and smoking several weeks ago. Shae, Bridgestocks MTC boy that just left spent many hours with him also explaining things to him. Well today after Sister P, told about her conversion it got real quiet. I turned to John and asked how he was feeling and if he had any questions or comments. He said yes. I can't stand it any longer. I want to be Baptized. I know it's true. I have prayed about it and I know the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a Prophet, and I can't quit smiling. I know it is what I need to do. He told us about some health issues he had. He had a hole in his left lung. Occasionally some air would sneak through and cause his lung to collapse. He could still survive with his right lung but it would not be as comfortable or good as if he had both. Well the Doctors went in and he said glued his lung to his rib cage and fixed the holes so it won't ever collapse. He feels good now all the time. He said that not having the Gospel was like having a hole in his lung. He could live but he would not have the happiness and full life without it. Now he said my hole I was missing in life is being filled. He chose May 17th to be baptized. He had to wait until his boss came off holiday, because he wants to be at his baptism. His boss is not a member, and has really given John a hard time. But yesterday he asked him if he had made a decision about baptism and he said yes I am going to get baptized. Then when he asked if he could come it really took John back. He said you want to come, I thought you didn't like the Mormons' He said I don't not like them I just wanted you to be sure. He also has a friend that is Islam that asked if he could say something at John's baptism. He wanted to say how much he has seen John change in his countenance in the past 6 weeks. That should be an amazing baptism, I hope we are able to attend. He was just beaming. All of us are very excited for him. This was a very good day. We have been spiritually fed. Can I say again - I'm loving this Mission.  I know I am where I need to be at this time in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment